"Bringing Your Treasures into the World . . ."
(510) 653-ROSE / (510) 653-7673
~ Free initial consultation by phone ~
NOVEMBER 2010 NEWSLETTER
1. Introduction: "Letting Go into the Harvest"
2. Feature: "The Important Role of Silence in Writing
(a book ~ or anything else you care about writing)"
3. Rose Press News: "Exciting Things Happening Now at Rose Press
(and on the horizon)"
4. Books: "Starting Your Book ~ Ebook now available"
(new print edition soon to follow)
LETTING GO INTO THE HARVEST
Thanksgiving, the designated holiday for reflecting on and expressing what we are thankful for. When we think about what it is that gives us cause to give thanks, we may hold in our hearts such things as health, community, financial well being (the actuality or the wish for it), and the fulfillment of at least some of our wishes and dreams.
As this monthly
newsletter arrives very close to Thanksgiving, I want to give thanks to
you for reading these missives and, sometimes, writing back to tell me
how they have touched you. Even if you have not clicked "reply"
after reading the Writing from the Deeper Self articles and bits of news,
that you have given a bit of your time to take in my offering is quite
meaningful to me, and I thank you for that.
THE IMPORTANT ROLE OF SILENCE IN WRITING (a book ~ or anything else you care about writing)
If you have
ever been on a silent retreat, or been in nature for a period of time
in silence, you already know from experience how incredibly fertile that
bed of silence can be. As the usual chatter fades, the things that pull
us away from our in-the-moment inner experience (things to do, places
to go, errands to run, emails to send, worries to keep circulating, etc.)
show their true colors as mind-distractions and perhaps -addictions, and
just don't seem as compelling as they had before. Something in us begins
to relax, then; to stop always being on alert, ready for the next action,
the next item on the to-do list, the next thought/opinion/decision. We
drop into ourselves, and into the moment. We are that most essential of
3. ROSE PRESS NEWS:
Exciting Things Happening Now at Rose Press (and on the horizon)
Creating the website for Rose Press was every bit as engrossing as writing a book; and now that the site is up (www.rosepress.com), its pages are ready to bring you treasures. Here are some that are ready for you now, and others on the horizon.
READY FOR YOU NOW
1. Rose Press Flower Essence Remedies for Writers.
Flower essence remedies have been around since the 1930s, and they are amazing gifts from the flower world. Each flower (or tree) has its own healing quality, and by a simple preparation, these qualities are made into flower essences, the essence of the flower permeating pure water. When these essences are ingested (4 drops under the tongue or mixed into a glass of water, 4 or more times a day), they work on the "subtle body" of the emotions to bring you into an experience of those qualities. It's subtle but palpable, and it really works. Further, flower essence remedies are totally harmless: they have no side effects, they can be taken along with medications, and if they are for some reason not what you need, they simply have no effect (they never do harm).
Because of the healing properties of flower essences, and their simple, elegant efficacy, I have designed a series of flower essence remedies specifically for writers. I know from long experience with my clients (and myself) the kinds of obstacles writers are likely to encounter ~ not only their symptoms (e.g., procrastination, listlessness) but also the deep-rooted emotions underlying those symptoms ~ and I have designed these flower essences with potent healing qualities in mind.
At the moment, three of the currently envisioned nine Rose Press flower essence remedies are available for you to use to assist your writing to blossom. They are:
"Seeing the Big Picture" ~ "Going the Distance"~ and "Shining Star"
"Seeing the Big Picture: Getting Clarity & Perspective":
When you get caught in the details of writing ~ when you can't see the forest for the trees ~ seeing the big picture can give your writing new life; an awareness of the connections that form the whole; a clear, coherent focus; an articulate, lively form of expression; and a sense of where to go next.
"Going the Distance:"
For those who find themselves weary of their writing project ~ procrastinate getting to it ~ can't see it freshly ~ can hardly recall what inspired them to begin it in the first place ~ wish they could be more disciplined more easily ~ wish they could just "get it done" ~~ "Going the Distance" offers vitality, clarity, aliveness, endurance, decisiveness, purposeful achievement, concentration, discipline, and enthusiastic creativity, so that you can stay with your writing project despite obstacles and come out victorious and fulfilled.
"Shining Star: Bringing Your Treasures All the Way into the World:"
For those who prefer the more introverted, behind-the-scenes role of writing to getting out there to share the fruits and blessings of your work, "Shining Star" helps you accept being seen as t he creator, make a spiritual and social contribution, complete the circle of creation, reap abundant rewards, and feel part of the human family.
Having the benefit of these remedies for your own writing (and life):
If you would like to try out one or more of these remedies, please contact me. They really work. They have helped with dissertation writing, book writing, and readying the writer to bring the book into the world. I've gotten great feedback so far, and repeat orders from the same customers. And I have been taking two of them myself, and really feel the difference.
If you are writing a book, or wish to, make it easier on yourself. Let the Rose Press Flower Essence Remedies for Writers help your project blossom.
Price: $15 each for a 10 ml bottle, plus $1.46 state tax in California , plus $3.50 shipping & handling (for 1-3 bottles; $5.65 for more than 3 bottles).
Rose Press ~ 484 Lake Park Avenue, #537 ~ Oakland , CA 94610
2. Healing Civilization : Dr. Claudio Naranjo's latest book, with a foreword by Jean Houston, brilliantly explores the root of our current civilization's ills, and what can provide the remedy (hint: the solution is also within each of us). In her review, author Barbara Garro writes, "Naranjo's wisdom deserves a full hearing from humanity. My hope is that you are motivated to read Healing Civilization before the sun sets on 2010." For more details on Healing Civilization, see Healing Civilization .
3. The rich, fragrant contents of the Rose Press website. Go to the "Other Fragrant Offerings" page and browse for yourself. Take your time. Slow down and (read) the roses. It might give you some of that inner quiet mentioned above.
ON THE HORIZON:
1. A new print edition of Starting Your Book: Navigating the Blank Page by Attending to What's Inside You, by yours truly. I am having a great time collaborating with Margaret Copeland of Berkeley , who will be helping to design and wholly typesetting my existing book. Making a good thing better is always a joy, and working with Margaret will make that possible. She is already discussing how to make the design simpler and more beautiful, and asked me wonderful questions about the "feel" of the book. (I had not thought in those terms, until then.) Plus the cover art, by the wonderful sacred artist Risala Mary Laird of Berkeley, will grace the new cover: a "blank page" in which a veiled and wondrous image peeks out.
What does this tell us? That we can make our own classics by pouring all of ourselves into the writing, and then finding others on the same wavelength to help bring it into the world in the most beautiful way. In this way, the process of creation ~ for the creator ~ is as meaningful and joyful as the end result.
I'll let you know when this new edition of the print book is available. Meanwhile, the ebook is available now. Starting Your Book
2. A print and ebook edition of a wonderful fantasy novel by Rahima Warren, retired psychotherapist, called Dark Innocence (book one of the trilogy, The Starseer's Prophecy ). This novel is exciting, enthralling, and ~ though based in another world entirely ~ an emotionally and spiritually true and resonant chronicle of the healing journey. Expect a 3D movie in your mind, with depth and heart and healing. We anticipate the book being available in Spring of 2011. (For more details, see Dark Innocence )
AND REMEMBER BOOK DEVELOPMENT!
My work as a book developer is the raison d'etre of this newsletter, and what is behind such works as Dark Innocence, as well as Dr. Doreen Hamilton's published book, Essential Speaking ~ Katayoon Zandvakili's forthcoming novel, My Beautiful Imposter ~ and other wonderful books-in-progress by my current (and some past) clients. If you have even a glimmer of a desire to write a book, yourself, please read the following description of my book development work; and if it speaks to your heart, contact me for a free half-hour phone consultation to explore whether I can be of service to you and your project.
Starting Your Book E-Book Now Available (print edition soon to follow)
Your Book: Navigating the Blank Page by Attending to What's Inside You
(Hint: You are the essential ingredient!)
This most encouraging book about writing a book has as its premise that what's inside the writer is what makes the book valuable, and the process of writing a book worthwhile. Most writing books focus on the product alone; this one focuses on the person doing the writing, and the process of being present to the writing. As you get more and more acquainted with what's inside you, you'll find that writing your book flows easily, surprising and sometimes even delighting you with what (and who) you find.
"I am floating, I am beaming. I am half way through your book and simply love it. I love your writing style and the information is worth the gold medal." ~ Petra Meinke, Vancouver (formerly of Germany)
"Reading your book was like receiving a comforting hug of encouragement. I love everything about your book." ~ Shelley Klammer, Canada
"The cover art has a magical image. [And] The content! I so appreciate the slow-down process that I will take up these wonderful listening practices into my daily routine. Training for an Olympic event, or in this case writing my book!" ~ Mary Ann Plansky, California, USA
Available now as an e-book, STARTING YOUR BOOK: A GUIDE TO NAVIGATING THE BLANK PAGE BY ATTENDING TO WHAT'S INSIDE YOU offers these benefits:
The book of your heart awaits you, IN you. Purchase the book and find out for yourself.